Welcome to GOFASTMOTORSPORTS.com ... ... ... Green Flag - Green Flag - Go Go Go ... ... Brought to you by Ricks Satellite - Where the Big Dish Rules!

Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
tracie

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 285
Reply with quote  #31 
Thank you Chewie very much
__________________
Vantage HD..AZ Ultra and AZ Premium+. Quali HD. Pansat 9500 HD  .Linkbox HD. Amiko A2. Powerview Commercial. Tandberg 1261 commercial rec, UpComm commercial rec.(4) Motorola 4410,5-10ft,5-8ft Buds. 5 6ft Buds..4 Hot Dish 90 on motors and 8 33" fixed dishes.  also have Pathfire and Pitch Blue Servers. 4K Octagon S4F4008 HD, VP Programming at KCTU TV.
chuckrcheese

Registered:
Posts: 135
Reply with quote  #32 
I think this is what RIck was asking its from the Qled tv I own. On screen grabs I seen 2160P 30.this is the station not the output of the box correct to the tv?

UHD.JPG 


Quote:
Originally Posted by N2bnfunn
Hey Rick

50HZ is for PAL TV European model UHD.. 60 would be American UHD


















chuckrcheese

Registered:
Posts: 135
Reply with quote  #33 
Also that would be the output of the receiver to the tv for UHD and HDR, there are some receivers out there that use the 24 or 30, but never in true UHD only up-converted HD to 4K HD, I wanted to know the actual output of the Octagon.
thank you
wm9

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 976
Reply with quote  #34 
I cannot seem to get the date and time to set correctly  any clues ?  set it for -7 hours (mountain) 

and what is a bouquet in regards to  satellite TV ?

   thanks for any and all help
      Bill

__________________
age is just a number 8 foot solid dish,Quali,Traxis 3500,TT3200,PROF 7301 and 7500 new AZ Ultra ) new openbox S9 ....working very great new Openbox 10 ....working very great
 have a new Icecrypt ...great receiver
voomvoom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,066
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm9
I cannot seem to get the date and time to set correctly  any clues ?  set it for -7 hours (mountain) 

and what is a bouquet in regards to  satellite TV ?

   thanks for any and all help
      Bill
Do you have it set for Transponder time or NTP time
Transponder = time may change time from sat to sat? Edited: or even change from channel to channel, same sat?
NTP = time from the internet and should stay set?

__________________
If I don't answer right away, give me a few, I'm probably chasing 16Apsk and/or 32Apsk
wm9

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 976
Reply with quote  #36 
I believe it is transponder time ..... I will change it.

is there a answer to the bouquet question ???

  thanks voomvoom

__________________
age is just a number 8 foot solid dish,Quali,Traxis 3500,TT3200,PROF 7301 and 7500 new AZ Ultra ) new openbox S9 ....working very great new Openbox 10 ....working very great
 have a new Icecrypt ...great receiver
voomvoom

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,066
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm9
I believe it is transponder time ..... I will change it.

is there a answer to the bouquet question ???

  thanks voomvoom

I don't really know?
My guess is they are a collection of channels similar to a favorite list?
I've seen them listed on various different satellite receivers, but I've never been able to look at one because they seem to be on European satellites? that I can't get....
I've also seen plugins or programs to build/make/edit bouquets, but since I've never actually seen one, I wouldn't know what to do with it?

__________________
If I don't answer right away, give me a few, I'm probably chasing 16Apsk and/or 32Apsk
wm9

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 976
Reply with quote  #38 
thank you much

 Bill

__________________
age is just a number 8 foot solid dish,Quali,Traxis 3500,TT3200,PROF 7301 and 7500 new AZ Ultra ) new openbox S9 ....working very great new Openbox 10 ....working very great
 have a new Icecrypt ...great receiver
wejones

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,748
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCaylor


Does anyone know what the "2160p30" refresh rate means?

I don't see any options in the receiver to set for 30Hz, only for 50 or 60Hz. 

I have lots of learning to do with this new stuff.

Is anyone having fun yet?

Thanks,

Rick
  I know this question has already been answered, but I wanted to add to the discussion, not so much with answers, but things I'm still confused about.
   First off, when I first turned on the Octagon, it did give me a choice of resolutions, such as the 1080i, 1080p, and I think both 2160p-30 and 2160p-60.  I'm not sure I what I did was correct, but I decided to select 2160p-30.  The reason I did that was that the specs on my TV say it is capable of:
4096 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1, *2,
4096 × 2160p (24 Hz)*2,
3840 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1,
3840 × 2160p (24, 30 Hz)

*1 YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit only
*2 3840x2160p is displayed when 4096x2160p is input

So even though my TV is capable of 2160p-60, apparently there are some limitations, such as supposedly it can only do 8 bit, not the 10 bit that some of the 4K content we see on satellite is in. So I thought (probably wrong) that I would be less likely to not be able to play some content if I chose the 2160p-30, which didn't have restrictions.
   The reason I say I'm probably wrong is that when I first started playing 4K via HDMI from my computer, my TV seemed to play the 10 bit content better than the 8 bit content even when I had my video card set to send 2160p-60.  So my understanding of the topic is obviously limited. 
   But anyway, I think the choice would be relative to the capabilities of your TV.  If your TV can do the higher rates, I would assume that would be desirable, particularly for fast moving sports.
   After I upgrade the firmware on my Octagon, I think I'm going to try the 2160p-60 instead of the 30.





ncjay

Registered:
Posts: 358
Reply with quote  #40 
Pretty sure "zap" is just German for "change channels".
N2bnfunn

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #41 
The higher the number the faster the refresh rate.... like 60 is higher then 24 LOL
__________________
Octagon SF4008 4k, Dreambox 900 4K,  Link Box 8000HD,Uniden Supra, 10foot SX-10 Orbitron Satellite BUD Norsat 3220 NORSAT 1106 Chaparral Bullseye II receving Satellites from 34 thur 139
chuckrcheese

Registered:
Posts: 135
Reply with quote  #42 
Hi,
if your tv can do 2160x60 8bit and the box has an output format that is the same but 10bit your fine you will see the max your tv can handle, mine will take 12bit dolby but most devices are only 10 at the moment, if your tv has the 4K tv Details of the device that you have connected to the HDMI port in your menu on your tv you can see a page like this
UHD1.JPG 


Quote:
Originally Posted by wejones
  I know this question has already been answered, but I wanted to add to the discussion, not so much with answers, but things I'm still confused about.
   First off, when I first turned on the Octagon, it did give me a choice of resolutions, such as the 1080i, 1080p, and I think both 2160p-30 and 2160p-60.  I'm not sure I what I did was correct, but I decided to select 2160p-30.  The reason I did that was that the specs on my TV say it is capable of:
4096 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1, *2,
4096 × 2160p (24 Hz)*2,
3840 × 2160p (60 Hz)*1,
3840 × 2160p (24, 30 Hz)

*1 YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8bit only
*2 3840x2160p is displayed when 4096x2160p is input

So even though my TV is capable of 2160p-60, apparently there are some limitations, such as supposedly it can only do 8 bit, not the 10 bit that some of the 4K content we see on satellite is in. So I thought (probably wrong) that I would be less likely to not be able to play some content if I chose the 2160p-30, which didn't have restrictions.
   The reason I say I'm probably wrong is that when I first started playing 4K via HDMI from my computer, my TV seemed to play the 10 bit content better than the 8 bit content even when I had my video card set to send 2160p-60.  So my understanding of the topic is obviously limited. 
   But anyway, I think the choice would be relative to the capabilities of your TV.  If your TV can do the higher rates, I would assume that would be desirable, particularly for fast moving sports.
   After I upgrade the firmware on my Octagon, I think I'm going to try the 2160p-60 instead of the 30.






sideswiper

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 504
Reply with quote  #43 
I really like the WiFi antenna that came with my SF 4008 it is the Amiko WLN-880  150 Mbp.  I have my Octagon in my Garage & it is a good 60 - 70 feet from my Router & it pulls in 3-4 bars & never looses signal not like the other cheap antennas that i have that only shows 1-2 bars & loose connection all the  time worth the extra $10 
__________________
Octagon SF 4008,TBS 6903 PCIe Card,Motorola DSR-922, Diamond 9000 HD on 10 foot Perfect 10 C band dish Geosat Dual LNBF

9 Foot Spun Aluminum, Button Hook,  Titanium C1-PLL LNBF, Moteck V-Box 2 ,24" Von Weise actuator, GSKY V7 that does 16APSK, Techno Trend 3200 PCI card

Coolsat 5000 and Diamond 9000 HD on 30 inch Fortec Star with 2100 motor Invacom QPH-031 LNBF
chuckrcheese

Registered:
Posts: 135
Reply with quote  #44 
Hi sideswiper,
that antenna is a Realtek 5370 you can get it on amazon for 8.99
hXXps://www.amazon.com/BacchaBox-802-11n-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Adapter/dp/B00TBEJR50/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1505059749&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=ralink+rt5370&psc=1


Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswiper
I really like the WiFi antenna that came with my SF 4008 it is the Amiko WLN-880  150 Mbp.  I have my Octagon in my Garage & it is a good 60 - 70 feet from my Router & it pulls in 3-4 bars & never looses signal not like the other cheap antennas that i have that only shows 1-2 bars & loose connection all the  time worth the extra $10 


Captain_Kurtz

Registered:
Posts: 2,625
Reply with quote  #45 
Hey Rick -

Please do us a favor, and post a message, either here or in the "Special Announcements" category, when you have more Octagons in stock and available to sell.

Thank you!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Fellow Members, your posts are welcome here! Do not worry about posting everything perfect. Different receivers and LNB's will give you different Frequencies and Symbol Rates. Some set top boxes, PCI cards and USB receivers, Do Not Require all of the same information that others may need. It is not Required to post everything that others may need to tune in a feed. It is just most important to share the find. We can always adjust the Frequency and Symbol Rates and try the various Modulations and FEC's on our own receivers until we get a lock and then give a polite reply with what works for your receiver, as that information might help others as well. We all appreciate the efforts and energy of the Posters!

Thank You for Visiting GOFASTMOTORSPORTS.com - Keep Your Eyes on the Sky and the Track!