Johhny_Fever, thank you for responding to my post. I should have updated what my problem was and how I fixed it. I will do that now as the problem I experienced resulted in a lot of wasted time, missed satellite feeds, and countless trips back on the roof.
The whole time my problem was not the feed assembly or the skew at all. It was my own inexperience, lack of knowledge, and poor troubleshooting ability at the time. I have previously installed C/Ku-Band satellite systems in the past (almost a decade ago) and had good results. A 7.5 for starters, and my favorite, a 12 footer. This time around, I felt like I had never touched one before... ha ha
Using one of those cheap satellite finders was how I always got started finding the arc. This time, I was able to find a signal right away. The finder showed full strength. I must be good! Or so I thought...
Elevation and declination were to spec for my area as well as the north /south axis, why can't I lock onto a known transponder for my due south... Defective signal finder I thought... So I got another one. Same result, satellite finder pegged out to the max and lowering the db setting changed nothing.
The instructional notes for the satellite finder said "To avoid a continuous full scale reading, do not use the Satellite Finder directly in front of the dish." I was never in front of the dish, but still had the issue with the full scale reading...
I kept spinning my wheels on this for a while...I then purchased a real signal meter from Rick. The SATHERO SH-900HD, awesome meter by the way. I thought having a more accurate and comprehensive tool would help... It helped immensely, but only after I found the real problem.
I ended up finally disconnecting the C-band LNB from the meter and then connected the Ku LNB to the meter. I was spot on the arc the entire time... Scanned in the CCTV channels on 95 W Ku and was back in business tracking the way it should be.
I just had a bad C-band LNB the whole time. That's what was causing all the erroneous and strange readings on the sat finders and lack of transponder acquisition on the receivers. And I thought it had something to do with the skew... silly me.
Next, I decided to go back to the Chaparral Co-rotor system with a fresh set of modern LNBs for good measure. The ADL is a nice feed horn, but I like having the f/d ratio marked on the side of the feed as well as the instructions indicating where to measure the focal length to. The ADL appears to have more of an adjustment range for the f/d ratio compared to the Co-rotor. I was not able to find any documentation on the ADL feed. I'm sure there was ways to measure everything, I guess I just wanted a fresh start with documented measurements.
I never did try to adjust the position of the ADL feed horn in relation to the polar axis. Being straight up and down with the arrows like I had it was just fine. The probe only has to move 90 degrees once aligned with the incoming microwave on the selected polarity, so even if a person is off on the alignment in relation to the polar axis a little bit at the dish, there is some compensation with the electro-mechanical skew adjustment for the most part. This can be verified by the performance of the dish, and even more accurately and efficiently with a spectrum analyzer. I love a good spectrum analyzer, seeing is believing...That will come in handy when I upgrade to an orthomode system.
It all comes down to system fundamentals of operation and adjustments. Taking a step back, reading, researching, and so forth. I'm glad I struggled for a while. I learned much more that way and gained a greater understanding of this awesome hobby. Plenty more to learn still, and plenty of time to do so...