Welcome to GOFASTMOTORSPORTS.com ... ... ... Green Flag - Green Flag - Go Go Go ... ... Brought to you by Ricks Satellite - Where the Big Dish Rules!

Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum
Register New Posts Chat
 
 
 


Reply
 
Author Comment
 
bigdish3

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 03/02/10
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #1 

I am looking for some screens I only need like 3-5 for a 10ft Orbitron C band mesh Dish. I wonder does anyone know where I might could find some at?

skyview

Registered: 11/28/07
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #2 
Try skyvision, they used to sell mesh.  They can tell you over the phone if it will fit.
bigdish3

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 03/02/10
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #3 

Yeah that sound like an idea even thought I hate getting anything from them they are the HIGHEST ON the web.

DaveS

Registered: 09/20/08
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #4 

Can't you get mesh from Rick?


__________________
3 Qauli TVs, AZBox Elite, Vantage, 5 HTS 50, HTS 70, Echo Star 600 and 5 10' Mesh dishes with C/KU band. Can get between 30 and 165 degrees west.
wejones

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 01/10/08
Posts: 3,669
Reply with quote  #5 
What kind of Orbitron do you have? Ie how many screen panels are there, and what's the F/D of the dish?
I recently took down my old Orbitron and moved the pole/concrete ball ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish.html ), and replaced it with a new SAMI dish purchased from Rick ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish2.html )

I thought that it was sad kind of sad to just throw away the Orbitron, so I asked in a couple other forums if anyone wanted parts. I had one fellow come to look at it and received emails from another, both wanting screen panels, however I learned that there are at least 3 different designs. MY Orbitron had 18 panels, one of the interested people had an Orbitron with 16 panels, and the other had an Orbitron with 12 panels. Just in case, I saved 6 or 8 of the panels that were in pretty good shape, however the 18 panel screens are smaller than the other two designs so you'd have to have that same 18 panel design.

Anyway, if your dish has 18 screens and is one of the ~0.3 F/D dishes, I have several available for shipping costs, although I'm not exactly sure how to box them. I'm not sure if it would hurt them to roll them up or if they'd need to be put in a flat box, and I'm not sure of the size limits for UPS. The rest of my dish unfortunately went to the local dump. :-( Although I did save parts of the Spinclination H-H mount.


Joe

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered: 10/01/07
Posts: 1,242
Reply with quote  #6 
wejones
a lot of good pictures and info
            thanks for sharing
Hockeynut

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 10/07/09
Posts: 7,724
Reply with quote  #7 
Nice job wejones,thanks for the pics.

Was wondering when you were assembling the dish and setting angles if you had the ring level all the way around before setting youre angles,you soon figured that out..lol..appreciate you sharing.

__________________
Dish`s
2--10'Unimesh`s,Ortho feeds,Vbox`s
2--10'KTI`s.Ortho feeds,Gbox,Vbox
Primestars,Ch Masters parked at.30,72,83,85,87,89,91,93,95,97,99,101,103,105,121,1 23,125.
Receivers
AZPlus,AZPremium,AZUltra,AZElite,Pansat 9200x3,Pansat 9500,Amiko Mini HD.Prof 7500.
Costactc

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 11/25/09
Posts: 582
Reply with quote  #8 

Awesome pics wejones, also like your dish farm.


__________________
10'bud-bsc422 lnbf-vonweise jack-pansat ap3500 positioner--AZBOX Premium+-X2 Premium-11w-127w.
8' fortec solid-invacom twf-031 universal-vonweise jack-pansat9200-X2 Premium-Azbox Ultra-pansat ap600 positioner-15-125w.
bigdish3

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 03/02/10
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #9 

Yeah I love the pictures that looks like the dish I have. I have an Orbitron SX-10 Satellite dish

bigdish3

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 03/02/10
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wejones
What kind of Orbitron do you have? Ie how many screen panels are there, and what's the F/D of the dish?
I recently took down my old Orbitron and moved the pole/concrete ball ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish.html ), and replaced it with a new SAMI dish purchased from Rick ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish2.html )

I thought that it was sad kind of sad to just throw away the Orbitron, so I asked in a couple other forums if anyone wanted parts. I had one fellow come to look at it and received emails from another, both wanting screen panels, however I learned that there are at least 3 different designs. MY Orbitron had 18 panels, one of the interested people had an Orbitron with 16 panels, and the other had an Orbitron with 12 panels. Just in case, I saved 6 or 8 of the panels that were in pretty good shape, however the 18 panel screens are smaller than the other two designs so you'd have to have that same 18 panel design.

Anyway, if your dish has 18 screens and is one of the ~0.3 F/D dishes, I have several available for shipping costs, although I'm not exactly sure how to box them. I'm not sure if it would hurt them to roll them up or if they'd need to be put in a flat box, and I'm not sure of the size limits for UPS. The rest of my dish unfortunately went to the local dump. :-( Although I did save parts of the Spinclination H-H mount.



Well I think we can do some business I count my screens and my dish has 18 screen and that is the same dish as I have. I will send you a private message so we can work out a price on the screens. Thanks for your pictures and your help.
wejones

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 01/10/08
Posts: 3,669
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdish3

Well I think we can do some business I count my screens and my dish has 18 screen and that is the same dish as I have. I will send you a private message so we can work out a price on the screens. Thanks for your pictures and your help.

Responded to your PM before reading this, ie reason for asking again about 18 panels. I'll investigate how to package the panels.

wejones

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 01/10/08
Posts: 3,669
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut
Nice job wejones,thanks for the pics.

Was wondering when you were assembling the dish and setting angles if you had the ring level all the way around before setting youre angles,you soon figured that out..lol..appreciate you sharing.


I did check the level of the ring, but I think my main problem was that it seemed to make a pretty big difference where I made measurements than I expected, partly due to the fact that my level couldn't sit flat on some of the surfaces due to welds.

  Two things I later did though, that seemed to help, was to take a piece of steel bar stock, place it across the ring, and the digital level attached magnetically to it, holding it in place while I was making some adjustments.  I'll have to take a picture of that, as it seemed to work fairly well.  I also put a spacer between the weld bumps on the rotation axis surface to help my level sit flatter on that surface.

Bottom line though was that I was hoping that with the digital level, I could get the thing within a couple tenths of a degree, but it seemed like I'd get a variety of results measuring the same angle at different points, so I guess it's still just a starting point, and back to conventional methods to fine tune.



DaveS

Registered: 09/20/08
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #13 

I have had panels shipped to me before and rolling them worked fine. Keep in mind these were new panels.


__________________
3 Qauli TVs, AZBox Elite, Vantage, 5 HTS 50, HTS 70, Echo Star 600 and 5 10' Mesh dishes with C/KU band. Can get between 30 and 165 degrees west.
bigdish3

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 03/02/10
Posts: 103
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wejones
What kind of Orbitron do you have? Ie how many screen panels are there, and what's the F/D of the dish?
I recently took down my old Orbitron and moved the pole/concrete ball ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish.html ), and replaced it with a new SAMI dish purchased from Rick ( http://www.eskerridge.com/bj/sat/samidish2.html )

I thought that it was sad kind of sad to just throw away the Orbitron, so I asked in a couple other forums if anyone wanted parts. I had one fellow come to look at it and received emails from another, both wanting screen panels, however I learned that there are at least 3 different designs. MY Orbitron had 18 panels, one of the interested people had an Orbitron with 16 panels, and the other had an Orbitron with 12 panels. Just in case, I saved 6 or 8 of the panels that were in pretty good shape, however the 18 panel screens are smaller than the other two designs so you'd have to have that same 18 panel design.

Anyway, if your dish has 18 screens and is one of the ~0.3 F/D dishes, I have several available for shipping costs, although I'm not exactly sure how to box them. I'm not sure if it would hurt them to roll them up or if they'd need to be put in a flat box, and I'm not sure of the size limits for UPS. The rest of my dish unfortunately went to the local dump. :-( Although I did save parts of the Spinclination H-H mount.


Hey I was just wondering if you were think interesting in selling me your screens I check my dish and it does have th 18 panels and it is the deep wall like yours is in the pictures. If could find a box that is about 12-15" tall roll the screen and place them in it that will be fine. I want to do this before it gets to cold.. Please let me know thanks in advance.


wejones

Avatar / Picture

Registered: 01/10/08
Posts: 3,669
Reply with quote  #15 
Sent PMAIL to you.  PMAIL me your address, and I'll get them sent off. They rolled into a box pretty well, but I'm still looking for a slightly smaller box.



Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Fellow Members, your posts are welcome here! Do not worry about posting everything perfect. Different receivers and LNB's will give you different Frequencies and Symbol Rates. Some set top boxes, PCI cards and USB receivers, Do Not Require all of the same information that others may need. It is not Required to post everything that others may need to tune in a feed. It is just most important to share the find. We can always adjust the Frequency and Symbol Rates and try the various Modulations and FEC's on our own receivers until we get a lock and then give a polite reply with what works for your receiver, as that information might help others as well. We all appreciate the efforts and energy of the Posters!

Thank You for Visiting GOFASTMOTORSPORTS.com - Keep Your Eyes on the Sky and the Track!

Powered by Website Toolbox - Create a Website Forum Hosting, Guestbook Hosting, or Website Chat Room for your website.